Introduction from the Group Managing Director
We are proud of the steps we have taken to combat slavery and human trafficking. Eurogold has a zero tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all business dealings and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain.
We are a provider of general civil engineering groundworks, roads & sewers and other associated work for private developers, main contractors and other clients. We are a part of the Eurogold Group (Group) and our ultimate parent company is Eurogold Groundworks & Civil Engineering Contractor’s Ltd. We have a workforce of over 400 made up of employers, CIS, and sub-contractors and an annual turnover of £58M.
The main trading company of Eurogold Group is Eurogold Groundworks & Civil Engineering Contractors Ltd. Eurogold Holdings Ltd is also part of the Group.
Our supply chains
Our supply chains include Material purchasing, sub-contracting, plant and machinery hire.
Our policies on slavery and human trafficking
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business. Our Anti-slavery Policy reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains.
Our Whistleblowing Policy explains how employees can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated or about practices within our business or supply chain without fear of reprisals.
Due diligence processes for slavery and human trafficking
As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk, we are continuing to develop and review our systems to ensure our supply chain and those who work for us implement our policy.
We have in place systems to:
- Identify and assess potential risk areas in our supply chains.
- Mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our supply chains.
- Monitor potential risk areas in our supply chains.
- Protect whistleblowers.
Supplier adherence to our values
We have zero tolerance to slavery and human trafficking. To ensure all those in our supply chain and contractors comply with our values we communicate our approach to all suppliers and sub-contractors at the outset of our business relationship and reinforce our position as appropriate thereafter.
To ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and our business, we provide training to our staff.
Our effectiveness in combating slavery and human trafficking
- 100% of eligible staff on construction sites will have their CSCS cards or equivalent electronically verified to help us check their right to work in the UK.
- 18 inspections of direct suppliers and sub-contractors in our supply chains in the past year.
- Zero reported breaches in the past year.
- All of our staff involved in recruitment are receiving training on identifying and addressing the risk of slavery and human trafficking in our business and supply chains.
- We make resources available to suppliers and sub-contractors to support them in their compliance and staff training.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending September 2019
Eurogold Groundworks and Civil Engineering Contractors Limited
Date: January 2019